Butterfly Cauldron

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Attack of the Red-Headed Scottish Meme!!

Blame Jules. I do :)

1. Name the person who tagged you
2. 8 things about you
3. Tag 6 people.

1. I am an amateur astrologer. I do charts for fun, but not profit. My own chart is so weighted with water signs, it's enough to drown a small nation. My sun is Scorpio, my moon is Cancer and my ascendent is Pisces. Which means I'm more emotionally attuned than your average bear, believe me. I have absolutely NO earth signs in any of my houses, which is a bad thing, because it means I'm not very grounded. Which is true enough, and it has caused me no end of grief over my life. (Also, I have Mars and Venus both in Scorpio. Love and War in the most volitale sign on the wheel? Yeah, that's never gonna be a problem Bah.)

2. Every once and awhile, I think my biological clock starts to tick. For about ten seconds, then it realizes what it's doing and shuts down fast. I'm 32 and sometimes, I think if I'm going to have a child, I should do it soon. And now that I'm in a much more stable job, with really good benefits, it seems to be an increasingly better time to have a child. However, my health issues are not small and well, there's the problem of having no partner. And so, my bio clock goes back to sleep. Good clock. Sleeeep.

3. I've grown increasingly irritated with the calibur of horror movies we're churning out. I adore horror movies, especially creature flicks. However, lately, it seems all Hollywood wants to give us are slasher flicks. Now, I like a decent slasher as much as the next girl, but these films that are nothing but gore and female victimization? Uh, no. What the hell is going on? It is possible to tell a scary, creepy story without turning a woman into a head on a stick, ya know? Anyone remember Hitchcock? Fucking scary and all the gory stuff was kept off-screen. The blood down the drain in Psycho? Classic. Subtle. And fucking sweet! Make me movies like that and I'll be in the theatre all the damned time.

4. I don't think the iTunes random play is really random. I keep having the same damn songs pop up. Now, I like these songs. They're in my iTunes, ya know? But come on...I've got over 1200 songs and the same 50 keep coming up randomly? I don't think so.

5. I have a secret wish to play drums, but I'm so uncoordinated I'd knock myself out before I could sit down. It's true and very sad, since I'd otherwise be an awesome musician. You know, if I had an ounce of talent.

6. I have gigantic feet. Really, I wear a size 11W. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find decent shoes in that size? It is not easy, at all. When I find shoes that I like, that I can afford, I buy every pair I can. Because it's so damned hard to find them. I mean, I know there are lots of us out there, so why the hell is it so hard to find shoes in the right size? Funnily enough, you cannot look at me feet and tell what size they are. They do not look like giant feet. They look proportional to the rest of me, which they are. Everyone guesses I wear about a size 9. Gods, that I wore a size 9! WalMart, the bastards, recently reorganized how they shelves shoes. It used to be broken apart by size, now it's broken apart by style. I believe they did this so they could disguise the fact that they've stopped carrying anything above a size 10. Bastards.

7. I need to start dating again. I want to, but I've not done it in so long, I'm not sure how to go about it. And I'm in a new town, where I know no one. I'd like someone to hang out with and go to concerts with -- oh god! The concerts going on around this place!! So many bands I want to see, but no one to go see them with me. I'm beginning to think I'm going to end up a lonely old woman. *sniffle* And seriously, I need to get laid. Like, really badly. *sigh*

8. I'm becoming a goddamned optimist. I don't know how this happened to me. Good medication, a sudden surge of good luck, but seriously, I don't feel so despondant and hopeless anymore. In fact, I tend to believe things are going to work itself out in the end, even when I'm having a moment of outrage. Well, everything but my non-existant sex life anyway.

Labels: ,

posted by Zan at 6:21 PM

3 Comments:

1. Wow. Can you do me?

There's a great novel wherein Venus and Mars are totally doing it, and then Venus grows a phallus and they do it that way. So maybe it's confirmation of your attraction.

2. Priceless:
Good clock. Sleeeep.

3. The Psycho blood was so great, I was convinced it was red. But I like gore. I do prefer when girls are tough or at least not stupid. Sometimes they make guys complete morons. Just yesterday on Nip/Tuck, Christian mentioned to Merrill Bobolit that the last time he saw him, Merrill tried to cut off Christian's face. He said this as he walked into a room alone with him and closed the door!

5. You mean an ounce of musical talent.

6. I have great trouble w/ just an 8.5W or WW. And I am incapable of buying ugly shoes! Or flats!

7. You might meet someone at a concert, no?

(Disclaimer: I never go anywhere.)

8. It's okay. As long as you don't turn into Pollyanna or Miss Mary Sunshine.

11:30 PM  

With you on the itunes. Same damn songs. Every time.

3:51 AM  

Well, I wear a 91/2 E, but I'm only 5'2", so they are big for me. I have to wear men's walking shoes to find any that are comfortable. I love them.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home