Butterfly Cauldron

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Try not to miss me too much

My brother and dad are coming with a UHaul at 4 p.m. today to pack up my apartment and get ready to take me to the new one in Baton Rouge. I won't have DSL there until next Monday, so try not to miss me too much while I'm gone, no? But miss me, cause it'll make me feel special :)

Oh, and Saturday is my birthday. I'll be a whopping 32. Go me! Presents are always in vogue, you know. Just saying :)

I've still got a few things to throw in boxes before they get here, but it's only 7 a.m. and there isn't much left to pack. A few shelves and my bathroom closet. Gotta run through another load of laundry and that's about it. I spent yesterday running around getting things cut off and turned on and slowly losing my mind. Oh, and as of last night, the guy in my new apartment who was supposed to move out hasn't. He was still there! My landlord called me last night to tell me. But the guy said he'd be out today, so we'll see. He's gotta be out by tomorrow because that's when I'm showing up. I have the damned contract in my name, saying the place is mine, so he needs to get his shit out!. Grr. And really, the Direct TV people are going to show up on Friday to put my system in. Hmp.

But, this will be okay. He's got until about 9 a.m. Thursday morning to get his shit out. Because that's when I'll be there. So hmp. Just...grrr. It annoys me. I mean, it took me forever to get my electric, etc. turned on because he never got it turned off! *sigh* Well, no, of course not, because he was still in the house. And he knew I had rented the place, so I don't know what his problem is. He's got to give the landlord time to clean it before I move in tomorrow. What the hell is he thinking? Grr.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to tossing things into boxes and putting trash at the curb. I'll be back next Monday, so don't burn down the internets while I'm gone. Also, try not to push the button on yet another Flaming Feminists of Doom! War while I'm gone. Don't wanna miss anything :)
posted by Zan at 7:03 AM

6 Comments:

i know i asked the twin question before, but you realize i'm turning 32 this month, too, right?

have a safe stress-less-as-possible move.

and i, for one, will await your return with baited breath and longing heart.

(no flame wars? what else are we supposed to do?!!)

8:45 AM  

Ah ha! We are twins. :) What day is your birthday? It's good to be a Scorpio. We're sexy and dangerous. Grrrrr :)

And I suppose you could have a little flame war. You know, over something unimportant like eh, to wear panty hose or not when alone in the privacy of your own home. Damn you evil patriarchy!!

I'm ALMOST done with the packing. I've got four hours until the family is here and have...eh, half a closet left to pack. Yay!! Go me.

I am also exhausted. Gah.

11:55 AM  

In case this is too late to say good luck on your move, happy unpacking.
Also, happy birthday. You are going to be exactly half my age, which gives us some not-twin thing, right?

5:35 PM  

They could have the warwarmed up for you.

No internet? How does that work? I scheduled everything so I wouldn't have to go without. My dad laughed at how I had made so many appointments, since we had to get the rental truck back and I had to wait for the cable guy. I did that the next time I moved, too, only I kept the phone #, so my dial-up wasn't affected, and I had a moving van I drove myself. Cargo shorts means you can sort four sets of keys!

See ya, soon-to-be city gal.
[Sniffle.]

6:16 PM  

Good luck with the move Zan. Hope it all goes smoothly. :) I'll miss you! Happy birthday for Saturday.

6:21 PM  

November 23. Hope everything is going okay!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home