Butterfly Cauldron

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yo ho ho


Apparently, I'm a pretty easy-to-please movie goer. Because I've been reading reviews that Pirates 3 was crap and hard to follow, and yet I found it funny and insanely easy to follow. Hrm.

So...Pirates! I've got a group of friends I go to movies and lunch with every few weeks. it's fun. So, Saturday it was Pirates day. I really liked this movie. I didn't find it hard to follow at all. I didn't find all that the 'backstabs' unexpected or the intro too long. The special effects were awesome and the dialogue was really funny.

And Elizabeth seriously kicked ass. Finally. Unlike the last two movies, I don't think she had a single moment of "female" wimpiness in the whole flick. There was none of this "I have to save Elizabeth' crap this time around. Because everyone finally figured out she could take care of herself. Yay.

Oh, also -- don't piss off a Goddess! Idiots. Why is there a giant whirlpool suddenly appearing? Because you pissed off a Goddess. Why is there suddenly rain? See: Goddess, pissed off.

There were some awesome scenes. The return of the Dutchman with her new captain. The end of the poor, poor Endeavor. The series of scenes of them getting into Davy Jones Locker. Awesome.

And yes, it's a long movie, but I didn't really notice how long it was. So, that's good. Unlike Spiderman 3, when I noticed it was long. It doesn't feel long, because there's constant action. You get an explanation for how Barbosa is back from the dead. Everything seems to get resolved, but there's still open the possiblity of another movie. For part of the crew, anyway. Although, I don't think there needs to be another one. It's a nice enough ending as it is.

So, go see it. It's a good popcorn movie, although it won't make you think or change the world. But what do you want? It's got Johnny Deep. And Orlando Bloom actually looks like an adult with dark hair. Plus -- Elizabeth kicks ass. Seriously.

Labels: ,

posted by Zan at 6:17 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home