Butterfly Cauldron

Friday, April 27, 2007

Random observations

Who knew that getting a little somethingsomething makes you sleep better? Well, probably a lot of people, but eh. Two nights in a row, I've slept the whole way through. Nice.

Amusingly enough, the Boy hasn't called me since. I find it funny, actually, instead of annoying. I suppose if I'd been more emotionally invested I'd be annoyed, but eh. Maybe he'll call, maybe not. I'm still sleeping better. Yay.

Also, have you ever noticed that when you've got one person's attention, you seem to miraculously become more attractive to other people? Seriously, since I've been hanging out with the Boy, I've had a good half dozen other men express interest. How does that happen? What's with the feast or famine? Not that I mind, you understand. Because I'm all about the feasting. Hell yes. The universe owes me, dammit. Pay up.

I've got four or five stories stored up that I want to blog, but I just can't do it. They're too depressing and I'm really tired of depressing. I'll get around to it, I'm sure. But, tomorrow my Mom and Grandma are coming in to see me. We'll have chinese, I'm sure. Yay. Then, I'm going to a sci-fi club meeting with a co-worker. We're watching Pirates 2 and having pizza. Oh yum. So I'll be basking in the socialization glow. Whoohoo.

Also! I got my performance review this week. I exceed expectations. Go me! I'm so not used to having really good reviews, seeing as how I spent the last six years working for Gannett. And they based your raises on your evals and they didn't want to give anyone a raise, so they scored everyone really, really low. Ha. Bastards. So, I get a raise starting my next paycheck, plus I'll be officially a permenant employee on May 6. And you know what that means? It means, since I'm in Civil Service, that I'd have to come in with a gun and pop off a few to actually lose this job :) Yeeeesss...job security! So, now I can actually start decorating my bedroom in earnest, because I know I won't be leaving anytime soon. I can plant some flowers in the backyard and really settle in. Whoohoo. I'm happy.

Also, in six months, I get another raise. Yes. 8 percent in a year. That's more than I got the entire time I was working at Gannett! Gah, I hate those bastards. Grrr. Grrrr!!!

So, anyway, I'm off to contemplate something for dinner. I think I'll make that shrimp garlic manicotti I've been eyeing.

Labels: , ,

posted by Zan at 5:37 PM

3 Comments:

Yay, a satisfied Zan!

6:46 PM  

wooHOO!

8:51 PM  

Yeah for you! On all fronts.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home