Butterfly Cauldron

Monday, June 18, 2007

Tagged!

Veronica, she-of-the-big-headed-baby-to-be, has tagged me and I must comply. Besides, I think these things are fun. So....

Rules: Each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people; then visits those people’s sites and comments, letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do.

1. I desparately want a kitten. I'm dreaming about them constantly. I think I hear them when I'm out walking. I'm being haunted by the ghost of Kittens Future!!
2. I'm feeling more and more "feminine" lately. I've been buying (and wearing!) make-up, I'm now wearing dresses and I've been (willingly) shaving my legs. I think I'm going to blame this on my hormones.
3. The first meeting of my writing group is being held at my apartment on Saturday. I have no idea how many people will be here, and it doesn't matter. I have a novel that's half finished and dammit, I need to finish it.
4. In the last seven months, I've become decidedly more extroverted. In fact, if you asked the people who know me now if I was an extrovert or an introvert, they'd all say I'm decidedly extroverted. This is strange to me, since it's the opposite of everything I've ever known. But I think, being so far away from my family, with no chance they or someone they know (and who will report back to them) is going to run into me accidently, I feel more free to be myself. My whole life, I've felt trapped in my family's shadow somehow. They're a good family, but they have these expectations and I've never felt I quite fit. But now, I can be myself more easily.
5. I want a boyfriend and I feel kinda guilty about that. What I want is a connection with someone else, someone I can have around in good and bad times. And I feel rather like, since all the other things in my life are going well, I should be able to overlook this one.
6. Oh, I've dated three men so far this year, more than I have in many many years. And they've all pissed me off in one way or another. Grr.
7. Lately, I've been thinking that if I were to get pregnant, I'd probably have the baby. This is new, because I'd been pretty damned sure I wouldn't before. My health is reasonably well atm, my job is stable, I have a good place to live and a family that would support me. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'm not, however, wanting it to happen. That's what the Pill and condoms are for. Yes.
8. I found my brother's myspace page last night. Unfortunately, it didn't have anything incriminating on it. *sniffle*

And so...I'm tagging Mermatriarch,Mac,Elle,Lacy...and Callie, only she hasn't enabled comments on her blog so I can't tell her :) Oh, and anyone else that wants to do it...you're tagged too.

Labels: ,

posted by Zan at 5:32 PM

1 Comments:

It is kitten season! I know two people that acquired new litters this weekend.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home