Butterfly Cauldron

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Idiot Son of an Asshole strikes again. . .

Well, the Frat Boy did it. He used that veto at last. To deny federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. No new drugs for you!

President Bush cast the first veto of his 5½-year presidency Wednesday, saying legislation easing limits on federal funding for embryonic stem cell “crosses a moral boundary” and is wrong.
“This bill would support the taking of innocent human life of the hope of finding medical benefits for others,” Bush said at a White House event where he was surrounded by 18 families who “adopted” frozen embryos not used by other couples, and then used those leftover embryos to have children.
“Each of these children was still adopted while still an embryo and has been blessed with a chance to grow, to grow up in a loving family. These boys and girls are not spare parts,” he said.


Okay, let's stop right there. I want to clarify something for the Unpresident. Just because you support abortion rights does not mean you're anti-adoption, even embryo adoption. My neice is adopted. I adore her. I'm glad she's here. However, it was still her mother's right to terminate her pregnancy. She did not owe us a child. She did not have a responsiblity to reproduce. I'm endlessly glad she did, but that's not the point. If she'd not had K. we'd have never know. No harm, no foul, get it?

And this appearence with 'snowflake' babies...come on. Did you mention how many tries these families had to take before they got those children? How many frozen embryos didn't implant? Doesn't that make these parents murderers? I mean, so long as they stayed frozen, they were alive, right? And since there's an very, very high failure rate to IVF, it would make more sense to leave them frozen because they've got a higher chance of dying than living on implantation. But hey, what do I know. I just do things like read.

And I love the "crossing a moral line" bs. Because only those 'children' we deem so deserve to live. Those babies in Iraq or Afghanistan? Nah. Those babies living in New Orleans when Katrina hit? Nah. Those babies of the poor in Texas who need treatment their parents can't afford? Nah. Sure, the fact that they're actually walking or crawling or talking or having some other measurable impact on the world around them doesn't count. No, they just aren't up to standards. Not Our Type Dear.

How much longer do we have to put up with this idiot again?

Labels: , , ,

posted by Zan at 6:30 PM

2 Comments:

Zan, Yes!!! I absolutely agree. Bomb children who are conscious and can feel and fear and love and be missed and turn around and talk about not crossing boundaries. Oh, I hates him, I just hates him.

I'd like to veto him!

1:53 AM  

I want to know why we can't recall him. We can recall every other politico, so why not him? And really, why don't we have run-off elections for president? We've got them for all other races! Since neither him or Kerry got a clear majority, we should have had another vote a month later between just the two of them. Then you'd have had a picture of which of them the people really wanted. Same with him and Gore. No need to get the Supremes involved. Just have a damned run-off like every other race in the country. Geez.

I'm finding it hard to turn the t.v. on for fear I'm gonna accidently catch sight of him. Worse, I work at a newspaper so I can't ever get away from his antics. Gah. How much longer, gods? Seriously.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home