Butterfly Cauldron

Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Own Private Gender Gap

So. I've been thinking, after posting the entry below, that if The Possibility were a girl, I'd have already called her and set up a date, et al.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Maybe it's because I've been in a very girl-centric mood lately. Really, I was expecting to meet a girl (and hey, maybe I have. . .but that's another story). I've been awash in very feminine energy and I've been pulled toward other girls. So this whole, wait he's got a penis! thing . . .not what I was expecting.

Which is something the Universe will /so/ do to you. Hmp.

Still, there's something to the fact that, if he were a she, I would have substantially less angst about hooking up. It's not because I think hooking up with a girl would be less 'real'. Fuck that. No, it's...I never have the same sense of panic or worry with women. It's a level playing field, no power struggle.

Well, shit. That's just shit, isn't it? Because here I am, assuming about a person because he's a Man, instead of oh, I don't know, letting him just be a person and not assuming X,Y and Z about him because he's got a fucking penis.

*sigh* All this work and I still need deprograming....

Labels: ,

posted by Zan at 7:04 PM

2 Comments:

I hate when I defer to males.

Lady, he's younger, so he may think you are in the power position. Coo-coo ca-choo.

7:15 PM  

I suppose it is a possibility that deep down you have that other common piece of programming which says that men are pickier, more visual, more demanding than women, therefore you might believe you've more chance of rejection.

Only advice is not to take anything too seriously, but that's kind of obvious. The very best of luck to you. :-)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home