Butterfly Cauldron

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Happy again

There's so much crap going on in the world right now and I just...I can't think about it. I'm happy, dammit. I want to stay happy, so I will.

You know what makes me happy? Tomorrow, I'm driving to Baton Rouge and signing the contract for my new job! Yes. That makes me crazy happy. Oooo, yes.

Know what makes me even happier? Next week, I get to resign! Oh, holy gods in heaven, thank you! My current job has been sapping my soul for years and finally, finally I'm free. My first day in my new job is Nov. 6. In the first three weeks I'm there, I'll get THREE holidays. Why? Because I'll be working for the state and they get beaucoup holidays. Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. No nights, no weekends, no required overtime. Bitching retirement. If I work a full 30 years, I draw 90 percent of my salary. I could retire by 62 and get plenty to live on. Plus, medical insurance. Good insurance too.

Plus, Baton Rouge. Lots of stuff to do there. Whee. And New Orleans only an hour away. *happy sigh*

You know what else makes me happy? I have discovered two pair of pants in my closet that I could not wear anymore that I now fit into. Better yet? I managed to lose the weight to get back into them without trying, intending to. I was just trying to eat things that made me feel better and look at that -- I get to reclaim some clothing. I think my body is trying to refind it's set point. I gained a bit of weight a year or so ago, thanks to my stupid Lupus and a couple courses of steroids and now I think my body is trying to get back to what it feels best at. Which means I'll probably drop another 30 lbs over the next year or so. Which is fine with me, since that won't make me a small girl, just a touch smaller. I look forward to getting back into my 22's again :) I got some wicked nice clothing that I wanna wear again.

Anyway, I'm happy again. Just thought I would share the joy!

Labels: ,

posted by Zan at 11:51 AM

8 Comments:

Good oh! Lovely events that would make any sane person happy.

I'm so glad for you.

2:40 PM  

WHOO-HOO! Yay!

I use to gain weight over the summer, so I kept my favorite pair of jeans in case I ever fit into them again. It's nice not to try because what you're doing as a matter of course is what's going to stick even if it's not meant to be a weight-loss regimen.

4:29 PM  

Is this the Beta version?

4:30 PM  

Yep, this is Beta. I kinda like it, but then again, I lost some of my code (like my site tracker!) and can't find it. So I'm gonna have to go redo all that. But overall, I kinda like it. Much easier to work with, code wise. And I like having the list of labels. I'm kinda geeky :)

And you know, I'm only eating like I am because it makes me feel good. I had no idea how much my stomach problems would clear up when I got my frigging gallbladder removed! Seriously, I'd have done it years ago if I'd known. People tell you that you get sicker once it's gone, but ha! My stomach is feeling normal again.

5:28 PM  

Beta sounds good, but I don't like the way you can't go back if you don't like it. I would like labels.

Hey! Does it let you show recent comments in the sidebar strictly chronologically, instead of by post?

When I comment here, it sometimes wants my password, which I can't remember.

7:28 PM  

And that's a great attitude re: your gallbladder. I guess some people miss theirs.

7:29 PM  

You gotta love the good times, eh?

8:18 PM  

Oh yes. I so very much just wanna throw a party right about now ;)


And I know you! Well, not know you, know you, but I used to read your blog on tblog ;) Found you via my bestest buddy Chickenpinata ;) You have such a very cool blog :)

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home