Butterfly Cauldron

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Suzan's Nommy Veggie Pasta Sauce

I was playing in the kitchen tonight and came up with a delicious pasta sauce that I shall share with all my nice readers. All you not nice readers? Skip this post.

Ahem.

You need:
1 squash
1 zucchini
1 onion
Garlic
1 can o'diced tomatoes
Olive oil
Butter
Flour
Whipping Cream
Mustard -- I used stone ground, but use whatever ya like.
Salt, pepper, other seasonings

Cook down the onion, garlic, squash and zucchini in a little olive oil. Cook 'em as long as you like. I like my veggies a touch on the soft side, but if you like 'em firmer, is all good. I drop a touch of butter -- REAL butter -- in the whole mix for flavor. Not too much butter, just a good pat or so.

When you've got the onion, etc. all cooked down as much as you want, toss in the can of tomatoes. I pour in about half the liquid. Not all of it, because too much will make it too thin. So...get all the veggies together, cook 'em a bit and then add the cream and mustard. (OK, actually I mixed the cream and mustard together beforehand, but whatever ya like. Just make sure you get the mustard and cream in there, k?)

So, everything is all mixed together and cooking up a nomminess. Add flour if you need to thicken it up. Pour over your favorite pasta and be amazed!
posted by Zan at 5:54 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home