Butterfly Cauldron

Friday, December 22, 2006

The return of the sun





Today is the winter solstice, the longest night of the year. Daylight fades quickly, darkness drags on and then the wheel turns. Out of that endless black comes a promise -- the light is not lost. The things we have planted, the plans we have made, the hopes we have whispered in the night have all been heard and preserved. Hold on, have faith and watch as the light returns.

This year it feels particularly important to me to remember this lesson. Nothing is permanent, not life or death, not joy or pain. Not matter the situation, if we hold on long enough, the wheel will turn and life will change. Tonight I may cry, but tomorrow I'll laugh. Thank the gods, nothing is forever.



Light a candle against the dark tonight and remember all the hopes you've whispered in the quiet. They aren't lost and they aren't forgotten.
posted by Zan at 6:45 AM

2 Comments:

I realized today that the days are already noticeably longer.

3:58 PM  

I have too. It's feeling really rather nice for me, even though I HATE summer with a passion. Ah well. We gotta get through spring, which I love ;)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home