Butterfly Cauldron

Monday, July 31, 2006

And now a break from our regularly scheduled angst...

So, because I'm feeling tired of all the shit going on in the world and because it's my day off and I've got time to waste, I wandered around the Internets for a bit and came across 43 Things. Basically, it's a place where you can make a big list of things you want to do with your life, places you want to go or places you've been, people you want to meet, etc. And you can read up on other people doing the same things you want to do. It's kinda...addicting. Fun and a glorious timewaster.

My list can be found here. It's not finished yet, since it's taking me a while to come up with things. But it's fun, taking an inventory of what you want, what you've done, where you want to go, where you've been. I've been thinking a lot lately about that. I feel, in a way, that I'm coming out of a very long, very dark place where I wasn't able to look into the future and see anything. But now that I can, I need to find a way to compile a list of...stuff. And seeing them in print makes it all more concrete and achievable. Because, really, why can't I learn to play the guitar? Or write a song? Or get my poetry published? There's no timeline on my life, is there? There's no rule that says you have to have your whole life 'done' by 30.

So, go, look. Poke around, have some fun. Maybe get inspired. And have fun. Fun is very, very important.

Labels:

posted by Zan at 4:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home